Below is a list of items that we use frequently and never have enough of. We have several drop off points in Charlotte and Cornelius. You can also ship items to us if that’s an easier option. If you have large items or a large amount of items to donate we can arrange for a volunteer to pick them up for you.
Any donations to NMAR are 100% tax deductible. You will receive a receipt for your donation, monetary or in-kind, for your tax records.
In-Kind Items We Need
- GIFT CARDS to LOWES, HOME DEPOT, WALMART: we use these for building projects, supplies and specialized foods for allergic dogs.
- SQUEEZE CHEESE: this is what we use to give dogs their medicines.
- PEANUT BUTTER: we fill Kongs with the cheese to help keep the dogs from being so bored.
- FLEA MEDICINES: Capstar, Advantage, Frontline, Promeris – NO OFF BRANDS PLEASE as some are dangerous. We will accept left over medications even if they are slightly past the expiration date.
- DOG CRATES (all sizes), DOG BEDS, BLANKETS: these do not have to be new, we will accept gently used.
- NYLABONES OR OTHER HARD BONES: For chewing… or course!
- CLOROX CLEAN UP IN SPRAY BOTTLES
- BLUE DAWN DISH DETERGENT
- LAUNDRY DETERGENT
- PAPER TOWELS
- USED PRINTER CARTRIDGES: we turn these in to get credit for supplies at Staples.
- COASTAL STRAW OR CEDAR SHAVINGS
- NATURAL BALANCE FISH AND SWEET POTATO FOOD: we have several dogs that have to have this because of allergies.
- ANY ITEM OF VALUE THAT WE CAN RESELL: You can donate any item to us just like you would Goodwill. Antique and Vintage furniture are restored by Beth and sold either in her retail store, Bebe Gallini’s in Cornelius, or online at eBay. All proceeds from the sale of these items go back to the rescue.
Donations for Medical Services
We would like to thank the wonderful Vets who help us when they can. As many of our dogs come to us very sick or severely injured, it is expensive to care for all of these wonderful dogs, and paying the bills is challenging on a daily basis. While the Vets we work with help us these bills do add up and any financial donation to offset the Vet medical bills would be greatly appreciated.
We are also so thankful to have the support of a low-cost spay and neuter clinic, unfortunately, 95% of our dogs come to us needing these surgeries to prevent MORE “unwanted” dogs. Your financial support can help end the “unwanted” cycle.
All Donations Help!
Your donations are always appreciated. Our rescue is run by volunteers and founders who work full-time jobs away from the rescue to provide money to pay for the facility and care for the dogs. There are no salaried employees and the rescue is run completely by the donations of the public and the (massive) donations of the founders.
Any donations to NMAR are 100% tax deductible. You could give a one time, general donation to the rescue, or a recurring donation throughout the year. You can even designate where you want you money to go toward: training for a favorite dog at our facility, money for an injured dogs vet bills, food and medicine. We will absolutely honor that request.